We explain how to get your booster jab.
Following the Government’s announcement about the huge drive to vaccinate against Covid-19 before January, there has been some confusion.
Here, we explain how to get your booster jab:
- Vaccination services are working extremely hard to roll out the booster programme and to make as many appointments available as possible
- The National Booking Service website is very busy but please keep checking. You may also be contacted by your local GP practice over the next few days about your vaccine.
- You will be able to have a booster 3 months from your 2nd vaccine. If it has been 2 months, you may want to book an appointment in preparation by using the Booking Service or calling 119
- Appointments are being added daily and capacity is being increased. Keep trying the online booking system or call 119
- Do not contact your GP practice about your booster vaccine. It is important to keep phones and online streams clear for patients with health-related needs.
- Unless you are contacted by your practice, GP practice appointments should be attended as planned. If anything changes, your practice will contact you.
If you have tested positive to COVID, you will need to wait 28 days before having a booster, but you can book now.
- Remember, it may be busy but do keep trying as appointments are added often. Some areas are also offering a walk-in service.
You can also book your vaccine by calling 119. Calls are free and lines are open from 7am to 11pm. You can also use this number to book a PCR test. Support is available in 200 languages and there is a sign language interpreter too.
Published: Dec 16, 2021
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.