If you have a learning disability you are invited in for a yearly health check at the Surgery. The appointment can take up to an hour to talk with either a Doctor or Nurse about your health and do some simple tests. This is to ensure you are feeling well and help you to stay healthy. To make an appointment please ask at reception or phone 01903 222 900
Pegasus Card Scheme: Sussex Police offer a Pegasus Card Scheme for people who find it hard to communicate with them – they keep your pre-registered information safe on their computer and can access it quickly if you call them. You do not need to repeat all your details. Anyone who has a disability or illness that may make it hard to communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation can register for free.
How it works
- You will be issued with a card and a personal identification number (PIN) and if you need to call us, say 'Pegasus', tell the person that answers the telephone your PIN and we will access your details right away, which will save you time.
- You can also show your card to a police officer, member of police staff or other emergency services staff if you need assistance in person and they will know you may need extra help and support.
- You can change or update your details at any time.
- If you agree, we will share your Pegasus information with other participating emergency services (fire, ambulance) and local authorities.
- Click here to apply for a Pegasus Card or click here for information on how to contact Sussex Police.
Children with Learning Disabilities
We are extremely lucky to be supported by a group of parents that have children with additional needs. They support us to improve the care we give to our patients through staff education and a range of suggestions.
This group. St Lawrence SEN have a separate facebook page and meet regularly at St Lawrence Surgery.
The group offers support to newly-diagnosed children – a newly diagnosed information pack is sent out including a Medical Passport that the group and surgery encourages the parents or carers to complete. This will help the surgery personalise the care for the child and support the parent or carer to access appointments etc.
My first visit to the doctors video
West Sussex Local Offer helps you find information about local services, support and events for children and young people aged 0-25 years who have special educational needs or disabilities.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.